Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Wanderer's Prayer


A prayer for this wanderer…

To The Universe

Wherever I find my feet,
Let them connect to the ground

So I know where I am standing

Let my eyes find beauty around me,
Even when there does not appear to be any.

Let my mind be open to new experiences.
And view old experiences from new perspectives

Let me honor and respect other cultures, other countries, and other customs
Let me always remember that I am a guest wherever I go
Let me be kind.

Let me be open to new friendships along the way,
But also be smart and safe on my journeys.
Let me make wise choices
Or learn from the ones not so wise.


Let me learn the language of another country
And try a new food, 

Let me dance.

Let me dance 
Wherever I go
Whenever I can
Let me learn a new dance or a new step,
Or practice and perfect one that I know
Let me find new partners and teachers along the way
And take from them many lessons

Let me give
Let me teach
Let me share my gifts 

Let me love


Let me not take myself too seriously.
Let me play
Let me laugh
Let me laugh at my mistakes, my humanity
And the humanity of others
And marvel in the perfection of our imperfection










No comments:

Post a Comment